Rwandan HandicraftsSupporting The Women Of Tubahumurize
Handicrafts now available
The Green & Gold Garden sells beautiful Rwandan handicrafts made by the women of the Tubahumurize Cooperative and the Tubahumurize Sewing and Embroidery School. A new shipment of handicrafts arrived in August 2023.
Handicrafts available include:
- For the Kitchen – placemat sets, eco-trivets, oven mitts and aprons
- For the Kids or Home Décor – cloth animals (elephants and giraffes, and baby mobiles)
- For Computers and Short trips – bags of all sorts and sizes
- For the Fun loving – animal key chains
- Just Because – reusable Heart bags for showing love and kindness; bowls for holding special things
Handicrafts can also be ordered by contacting the garden volunteers at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All funds from the handicraft sales are returned to Tubahumurize.
Rwandan crafts and textiles will be available at select Saturday Garden markets, weather permitting. Please see our Produce Updates for weekly information.