Produce For August 30 And September 3, 2022
New for this week are cabbage, and tomatoes in limited quantities!
Market hours this week are:
Tuesday from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Year of the Garden events (all events are free of charge & no pre-registration is needed)
- Every Saturday, at 10:45 am please join us for 15 minutes of gentle yoga with Pat and Jorie and stay to shop at our market
- Every Saturday, at 1:15 pm, join a tour of the Garden (including the main garden, the orchard, hoop house, and berry patch)
- Saturday, September 17, 11 am – 1 pm, Q & A with Mary Bailey, local food and wine expert
Rwandan handicrafts from Tubahumurize will be available at Saturday markets (weather permitting).
Please note: There’s no custom picking by volunteers or self-serve at the kiosk again this year. Instead, we have a designated shopping area at the front of the garden. Please line up at the south end and a volunteer will help guide you through the shopping area filling a bag with the pre-picked/packaged produce you choose to buy. A cashier will be located at the north end of the shopping area.
We want to make everyone feel welcome and safe at the garden, so please feel free to wear a mask if you want to. Hand sanitizer will also be available.
Location: For those of you who haven’t visited before, the Garden is located on the South Campus of the University of Alberta. Enter the University Farm off 60th Ave. Turn left at the T intersection (118th St) and you’ll see us just across the road from the old barn. On transit – we’re about a 15 minute walk from the South Campus LRT station. A map and further directions to the garden are available at: www.greengoldgarden.com/visit
See you at the Garden!
- Mustard greens
- Onions & spring onion greens
- Snap/sugar peas
- Swiss chard
- Tomatoes (limited quantities)
- Basil (Genovese & Thai)
- Various bouquets