Produce For August 2 And 6, 2022
A few additions for the first week of August – shelling and sugar snap peas, plus new potatoes in limited quantities!
Market hours this week are:
Tuesday from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Year of the Garden events (all events are free of charge & no pre-registration is needed)
- Every Saturday, at 10:45 am please join us for 15 minutes of gentle yoga with Pat and Jorie and stay to shop at our market
- Every Saturday, at 1:15 pm, join a tour of the Garden (including the main garden, the orchard, hoop house, and berry patch)
- The Q & A on cooking with exotic vegetables, by Mary Bailey from Tomato Magazine, has been postponed until September 17.
Thanks to Jess, a limited number of discount coupons for Salisbury Greenhouse will be available at the Garden on Saturday. Please ask at the crafts table if you would like one.
Rwandan handicrafts from Tubahumurize will be available at Saturday markets (weather permitting).
Please note: There’s no custom picking by volunteers or self-serve at the kiosk again this year. Instead, we have a designated shopping area at the front of the garden. Please line up at the south end and a volunteer will help guide you through the shopping area filling a bag with the pre-picked/packaged produce you choose to buy. A cashier will be located at the north end of the shopping area.
We want to make everyone feel welcome and safe at the garden, so please feel free to wear a mask if you want to. Hand sanitizer will also be available.
Location: For those of you who haven’t visited before, the Garden is located on the South Campus of the University of Alberta. Enter the University Farm off 60th Ave. Turn left at the T intersection (118th St) and you’ll see us just across the road from the old barn. On transit – we’re about a 15 minute walk from the South Campus LRT station. A map and further directions to the garden are available at: www.greengoldgarden.com/visit
See you at the Garden!
- Garlic & garlic scapes
- Onions & spring onion greens
- New potatoes (limited quantities)
- Shelling peas
- Snap/sugar peas
- Swiss chard
- Anise hyssop
- Basil (Genovese & Thai)
- Raspberries (limited quantities)
- Various bouquets